Thursday, July 28, 2011

Stuff I never do...

I never use purple and red on layouts. They're just not my colors.  I never use shiny laminated papers. I just don't like 'em. And I never use the Hodgepodge Hardware I bought from Stampin' Up!.  I mostly just look at it and wish I could figure out a way to use it. I lay it on things, look at it for a while and then take it off and put it away again.

On this page, I did all three of these things that I never do, and they all WORK together!  I started with the patterned paper from DCWV's Mod Retro stack (which I got at TJ Maxx for $3.99 - can you say bargain?).  I liked the violet and ivory together, and the laminated design didn't bother me, but when I looked closer I (gulp) noticed the red.  The colors are actually quite pretty together when you choose the right shades.  These are both soft and a little greyed down, and I found the combination to be quite elegant.  I picked up the ivory in my lettering (Basic Grey Capella), my mat,  my journaling block, AND the cute little frame around my date - from the SU! Hodgepodge Hardware kit.  Quite nice, if I do say so myself.  I wonder what else I never do that I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers