Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, Courtney!

This is another card for a friend of Katherine's.  My instructions for this card were:  No pink.  She's not into girly stuff.  She likes blue and green.  I went to my Silhouette library and pulled out a birthday lace file.  It had the year '10 in it, but that was easy enough to edit.  I used the offset feature of my Silhouette to make a mat from navy blue cardstock.  Unfortunately, I simplified it a bit too much and it's a little off in a couple of spots.  I don't think anyone will see them unless that's specifically what they're looking for.  The piece is layered on some Basic Grey paper from the Motifica collection (I have had it for ages) and then again onto navy cardstock. I used a QuicKutz die and some white CS to provide some writing room on the back, since the card doesn't open.  I added a border strip from KI Memories Over the Rainbow at the top and some ribbon (Michael's). I finished with some light blue rhinestones to add sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers