Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Last post for today - Happy Birthday Brittany!

I think I am safe giving you all an advance peek at this card - Brittany is a friend of my daughter's who I am pretty confident does not read my blog.  Brittany - if you ARE reading this - LOOK AWAY!

Katherine loves for me to make birthday cards for her friends, because she can tell me what colors she wants, or what theme and I just go to town.  The specifications for this card were:  hot pink and black.  I know that Brittany is a really "girly" girl, and that I could go to town with her card.

I started with a file from the Silhouette store and added a border to it so that it could act as a frame for my card front.  I cut that in black and layered it over a hot pink card base.  Then I cut the shoe (also from the Silhouette store) and backed it with some silver holographic paper.  I shadowed it in pink to make it stand out from the rest of the card a little more, and popped it up with some foam tape.  I added some rhinestone accents and the card was done.

I lined the envelope with some deep pink paper, and cut Brittany's name from black cardstock.  I had originally intended to use the black as a shadow and cut the name from the same silver paper I backed the shoe with, but the font (Curlz MT) was just too ornate to cut well at that small a size.  I ended up using a metallic silver pen instead.  I think it looks great.  I added some hot pink accents with a Sharpie marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers