Anyhow, watching Amy's videos motivated me to break out my Halloween stamps and paper and make a card of my own.
There's a whole lot going on here, huh? I may have been influenced by watching several episodes of Junk Gypsies all in one day. I just kept adding things until it seemed like enough, and then I went back and added a bunch more!
I started out with a print and cut postcard image from the Silhouette website. At the time I printed it, I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do with it - I just thought it was cool, and wanted to use it for something. It sat on my desk for a week and a half.
I wanted to make a card with doilies on it. I love the over-the-top, decorated-to-the-eyeteeth style of Becca's at Amazing Paper Grace. Every one of her cards looks like it's ready to go to prom. I wanted to emulate her style, which is not my usual style. I wanted a card that was girly and glamorous, and ready to be voted Prom Queen.
I sponged the edges of the postcard image, and distressed one corner. Then I grabbed another Silhouette die cut for the doily. All three of these are from the same pattern. The polka dotted one is an inch bigger than the black and white ones. Yep - the white one is the same size as the black one - I'll get to that. I cut all three doilies, sponged the edges with Distress Ink, then sprayed them all with water and crumpled them up. This changes the texture of the paper... makes it softer and gives it dimension. I love how these doilies come up off of the card. I took the center piece from the white doily frame and did direct-to-paper inking with Distress Ink in Ripe Persimmon. I wasn't thrilled with the lack of definition between the orange moon and the black doily, so I grabbed the white doily (that I had cut and then discarded, deciding it wouldn't work) and adhered it to the back side of the moon, while pleating it a bit. Perfect!
I cut three of the witch shapes from black cardstock. Again, from the Silhouette store. Using spray adhesive, I stuck them together to get a sturdier shape. Using Tombow Mono Multi glue and Martha Stewart glitter, I glittered my witch. I popped her up on foam tape, and then used a Sharpie marker to color the sides of the white foam tape so it wouldn't be easily visible. A little bling, some Distress Stickles on the polka dotted doily, a little ribbon (Michael's) and a stamped spiderweb in the corner (Michael's $1 stamps) and I was done.
I hope to get more Halloween stamping done, and to share it with you!