Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Making your own Print and Cut Designs

By now, I am getting more and more adventurous with my Silhouette machine.  I love to experiment and see what I can do with it.  The possibilities seem endless.  For this layout, I took a regular Cut Only design from the Silhouette store and turned it into a colorful Print and Cut design.


See the ticket border at the bottom of the layout?  That's an Echo Park design from the Silhouette store.  It's not a print and cut.  I loved the look of it, but I did NOT want to cut all of those tiny pieces separately and glue them together, so I decided to play around a bit with the file and see if I could color it myself.  As you can see - it worked!  I did the same thing with the two tabs on the pictures.  I won't go into detail here explaining how I did it - if you want more information, let me know and I'll be happy to share with you.  This is one of the reasons I love my Silhouette though - I would not be able to do this on my Cricut.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers