Friday, July 29, 2011

Cruise Pictures - B is for Bill

This layout shows my brother Bill buying a hand rolled cigar from a man in Honduras.  Unfortunately, I didn't take a lot of pictures here - I was too busy experiencing Roatan myself.  When I went to put the layout together, I found myself wishing I'd taken a picture of the cigar maker.  I had an idea, and Googled "cigar maker Roatan Honduras" and up popped a picture of the man himself!  You can even see the stone pillar beside him - the same one you see my brother standing next to in the other picture.  Google Images is a fabulous way to flesh out your vacation photos if they are a bit thin in areas.  You can generally find plenty of scenery pictures online to add to your layouts.



I stamped the top word border with the Hampton Art Border Background clear stamp set.  I had to cut it apart to get it to look the way I wanted it, but that's one of the great things about clear stamps - you can do that without losing the ability to use the stamp as a whole again later.  I also hand stamped the "Hand Rolled Cigars" title with Colorbox Chalk inks.  The "Description of Activity" border came from the MME Life Stories collection pad - I just cut it from one of the papers and used a Fiskars border punch along the bottom edge.  I printed and stamped my journalling on another tag and added some word stickers and a "Bb" flash card.  The striped borders were cut from paper from... hmm..  the Cosmo Cricket Earth Love collection, and the star border is a sticker from... somewhere.  I have no idea, and I can't seem to find the rest of the sheet at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers