Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Gnome Card

I know.... it's been forever since I posted anything.  It's not that I haven't been stamping; it's just that I have been relocating my studio from one room in our house to another and it's been totally crazy around here.  My camera went missing for quite a while, and now I can't find my stamp positioner.  I'm making progress, but I'm not completely settled in to my new space yet.

This card is one I made for my brother-in-law Mark's birthday.  I used the Forest Whimsy stamp set from Paper Smooches.  I won this set well over a year ago, and although I love it, I just never used it.  These images are so much fun to color - I love Kim Hughes' artwork!   For the I punched a mask using my Fiskars cloud punch and sponged the background with a Distress Ink pad... I'm thinking it was probably Tumbled Glass.  The grass is punched with my Fiskars grass punch in two different shades of green, and then layered onto the bottom of the card.

Everything else was stamped on white CS, colored with Copic markers and cut out.  I'm quite sure my shading technique stinks, but I don't waste a whole lot of time worrying about that.  I have a severe disability when it comes to deciding where light and shadow go, so I just wing it.  I popped up Mr. Gnome on some dimensionals to give the card some depth, and tucked one of the mushrooms behind the grass.


Enjoy!  
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers