Sunday, December 4, 2011

Challenge Card


This was a challenge card for one of my stamp groups.  Each month, the hostess gets to choose a paper, image or technique that she wants the other group members to work with.  The next month, we all show what we've done with her inspiration piece.  Last month, my friend Crickett chose a patterned paper.  I liked the colors, but I found the quilt-square design a little busy for my taste.  I decided to use it as a scalloped border accent om the card, and pull colors from it for the rest of the card.  


I used some of the new waffle weave ribbon from the Stampin' Up! mini catalog - it is GORGEOUS!!  I also used my new toy - a Pearl Pen from Viva Decor. The stamp set I used was from MME - it's called "I Believe", and I believe that I got it last year.  Not sure if it is still available.  I'm pretty sure the sentiment came from a Stampin' Up! set, but I can't tell you which one.  I have committed the sacrilege of SEPARATING MOST OF MY SU! SETS and now I have no idea which set some of them came from.  I had to do it - I was accumulating too many stamps that I never used, so I decided to break up the sets, keep the ones I loved and sell the rest.  I will be doing loads of eBay listings soon - probably after Christmas.  If you're looking for individual SU! stamps, stay tuned and I will let you know when I list them.  In the meantime, enjoy the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers