Thursday, December 1, 2011

Belated Fall Card Post

Technically, it's not the first day of Winter yet, so I'm sneaking in these Fall-themed cards I made a while back.



The images are from a retired Stampin' Up! set called Fall for All.  For the background on the little boy card, I used a Sizzix embossing folder with an argyle pattern. I've probably had it for about five years, and this is the first time I've used it! I tend to do that a lot.  I may not use something right away, but eventually I will find a project that calls out for it. I've also found myself really loving the vintage Stampin' Up! sets that I bypassed when they were current.  At the time, I wouldn't buy anything that had to be hand colored, but now that's exactly what I'm seeking out.  I've had some good luck finding them on eBay.

The woodgrain paper on the little girl card is from a retired Stampin' Up! designer series paper pack.  I wish I had more of it - that blue looks amazing with autumn colors.

Hope you enjoy these, even though I'm getting them up a little late.  I hope to be more seasonally on target soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers