Sunday, September 13, 2009

Peace Within (at last!)

How ironic that this set is called Peace Within, when the darned thing took me over an hour to finish, and I ripped it apart about four thousand times.  If you're ever tempted to just chuck a half-finished card in the trash, you know where I was coming from.  However, I had already used some of my precious rub-ons on it, and there was no way I was going to waste those, because I am just too cheap.
 
This card started out as a standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card, and now, in it's finished state, measures 3 1/2" wide and 3 3/4" tall.  Yes, the Incredible Shrinking Card, indeed.  As I have said before, when I don't like something, I tend to just whack it off until I do, or until the card disappears entirely.
 
The card base is Very Vanilla, and the image is also stamped on VV rather than Watercolor Paper.  I just didn't want the extra texture.  Keep in mind when you do this, that you can't work your colors as much on this paper as you can on the Watercolor Paper, or you'll tear up the cardstock.  I know this from experience.  I colored the image with my SU! markers and blender pen.
  
The image is mounted on a piece of Bordering Blue cardstock.  One end of the blue layer has been punched with the Scallop Edge punch, and the other end has had a rub-on from the Dots & Designs collection (a recent SUSHARES item) applied.  The rub-on is white, which was a little stark, and didn't really go well with the vanilla cardstock.  To tone it down a bit, I used a sponge and my Stampin' Pastels chalks.  Did you know you could do that?  Well, you can!  Just apply directly over the rub-on with a dauber, sponge or cotton ball and then wipe over it with a clean part of your applicator to remove the extra chalk from your cardstock.  Works great with all white rub-ons.
 
A little bit of Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon finishes off this card.  (And in case you were wondering, yes I did try to put the jars of flowers image from the last post on this card. What was I thinking?  See, I knew you'd say that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers