Thursday, December 15, 2011

Last Christmas Card?

I think this is the last one anyway, unless it turns out I have forgotten someone.  This is another one of the images I stamped and colored back in October.  See, it pays to think ahead!  I still have several Christmas images colored and waiting to put on cards or tags just in case I need more.

I apologize for the bad light quality in these photos.  My Ott light gave up the ghost this week, and I shot these using ambient light and my iPhone flash.  The colors are much richer in person.

The green shape was sponged with Distress Ink in  Peeled Paint. The ribbon  is from my stash.
The embossing folder is from Cuttlebug. Green cardstock is from Stampin' Up! - I have no idea what the color name is.
I embellished the snowflakes with Stickles and the water with Diamond Glaze.


The image is from Woodware Stamps; the set is called Penguin Fun.  The large white die cut on the front of the card was done with my Stampin' Up! Top Note die - the small square is a Spellbinders die.  The rest of the die cut shapes were done with my Silhouette.  The snowflakes inside the card were done with a Martha Stewart punch I found this week at TJ Maxx for $4.99!!!  TJM and Ross are two of my favorite places to look for stamping and scrapping supplies at great prices.  It's hit or miss, but every once in a while I score something great like this.

The font for the sentiment is Honey Script - I used the Print & Cut feature of my Silhouette to center the sentiment in the shape and then cut it. I sponged the edges of the finished piece with Stampin' Up!'s Riding Hood Red.

That's it for today's card - hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers