Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Silhouette Print and Cut Feature

Once I had completed my first Silhouette-designed page, I was ready to try something a little more challenging - using the Silhouette Print and Cut feature.  I'm so happy with the way this page turned out!  My style is definitely being influenced by one of my favorite Garden Girls at Two Peas in a Bucket - Nichol Magouirk.  I watch her "From Start to Finish" videos on You Tube, and love, love, LOVE the way she manages to use so many different papers and embellishments on her layouts while still keeping them from looking chaotic or cluttered.  (It doesn't hurt that she's a Silhouette fan too!)

I'm not happy with these photos - they were really dark, and I was only able to lighten them so much.  Unfortunately, they were the only ones taken on my birthday, so I just went with what I had.  The balloon and tickets, as well as the PARTY bingo card (you can only see part of it) were all print and cut Silhouette designs.  The page title was inspired by the saying on one of the balloons Katherine bought me - you may be able to see it in the picture.  I cut the title and shadowing from one of my TTF files.

The balloons also inspired me to use the hot air balloon as a fun accent.  I love vintage design, and since I am getting to be somewhat vintage myself, I thought it was appropriate.   Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers